Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 days of vacation......


...of course, no one has missed me as this whole blog thing is somewhere in a nebular stage.....and I have no fans, but never fear for Donna Reed is here! After 10 days away I am back and ready to continue with the whole dollar menu thing.....I have to admit that I thought about it a lot as we were paying restaurant bill after restaurant bill on vacation....but then again, I didn't have to have all those margaritas!....or did I?.....The pesto is for sure going to have to be a do over, after learning just how potent freshly smashed garlic can be, I did end up adding more basil and got it to a phase that was pleasing to the palate....of course, this was the morning before we were leaving so not enough time for calculations and such....I did however manage to can the stuff....I believe that with one more round of pesto I will be set for a year....mmmmm pesto......it goes great with so many pastas, and of course in a chicken sandwich with a slice of beefsteak tomato....ramble, ramble, ramble, I go....tonight's challenge will be a homemade BBQ chicken pizza.....I cooked up 5 chicken breasts last night....bone-in of course, to lock in all those sweet juices.....keep your fingers crossed that BBQ chicken pizza will make Donna Reed's Dollar Menu.....

No comments:

Post a Comment