Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Why Mike's homemeade pizza may never make it to the blog.....


....where do I begin.....if you have been reading, which let's face it I think I am the only one who has been......I was in possession of a pizza stone....from what I know, the absolutely best way to cook a pizza at home, unless of course you have a wood burning oven where you can just slide the pie in without putting it on anything, but let's face it....I rent....therefore, no special pizza oven for me....one day I shall upgrade to a convection oven....then I'll take on the pizza stone again....perhaps.....until that time, it's all airbake for me baby!

....the pizza was simple and starting to be dollar menu worthy....or as the BK'ers would say "value menu"......give me a break, who cares if your food is cheap, its crap! Oprah would agree, a few days ago her show was devoted to diabetes and how so many Americans are affected by this disease simply because of the food choices they make everyday....what is sad are those that have diabetes due to their genes....I could go on and on because of one special little guy I know...but wait this is Donna Reed's Dollar Menu....not Donna Reed's Rants and Raves....or is it.....

......homemade crust.....thank you Michael Joshua, Safeway brand 4 cheese spaghetti sauce.....didn't even use the entire jar.....hmmmm, pasta for Mike's lunch.....sauteed brown mushrooms and purple onions (some people like them raw on pizza, but I can't resist the opportunity to caramelize an onion).....meaty half had turkey pepperoni and veggie half had black olives....of course I also could not resist jalapenos....apparently I added too much....see picture above.....

....today's Oprah is going to the Texas state fair.....I wonder if diabetes will still be on her mind as she munches on something deep fried....maybe cookie dough or a twinkie......I have NEVER understood this....


....well, not too sure what might happen in the kitchen tonight for dinner....I do know that one of these days I will be making a veggie lasagna and I of course have been saving my receipts so that I can calculate its dollar menu worthyness.......I have only made it twice before....the first time was for in-laws that were coming to stay with us and well, my father-in-law is a vegetarian, so off in search of something simple was I.....it actually turned out pretty darn good....plus when you have company over and all you have to do to prepare dinner is pull something out of the freezer and pre-heat the oven, it's priceless....unless of course you are cooking something that you didn't make from scratch....for shame.....it happens every night in millions of homes.....the fine art of cooking is quickly being lost....even though my name is now Donna Reed....for quite some time I have been known as a 1950's housewife....and proud of it...lol....it's time to take our meals back to the table and away from the drive-thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment