Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lesson Learned....


....when adding garlic to any recipe it is pertinent to comprehend the differences between garlic and roasted garlic......it was somewhere on an island in Canada where I developed the love for roasted garlic......garlic bread, caesar salad dressing, sauteed green beans, and heart-attack mashed potatoes were a few of the regulars that roasted garlic would be added to.....even though it has gotten lost somewhere in between teaching, coaching, and grad school, I have recently found a regeneration in the use of roasted garlic in my cooking.....then one day I attempted to use fresh garlic in the dollar menu pesto.....it appears as though 7 cloves of garlic was WAY too much....at it's current state, with an entire bunch of basil and some of the partly dried bunch.....it burns...I have learned how much fresh garlic is too much garlic....however with the high quality ingredients that I have already added, it can be fixed....this will force me to attend the Marin County Farmer's Market yet another Sunday in a row....I love when I have excuses to go to a farmers market, they are oh so inspirational for peeps whom like to cook, much like myself....at any rate, this "experiment" has brought me to a "base" state where more freshly picked basil will be added....and never fear I still have more pine nuts....already roasted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment