Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

....not quite dollar menu......


....but it's quarter to ten and I just poured my fourth cocktail and here we are...I do not want to say bored....because that is the wrong to say right in the middle of such a busy summer.....I am completely enthralled with the AcDec curriculum this year....I know that it is going to be close when it comes to finalizing the team to compete....but no need to worry about for it is not about the destination, but the journey that drives me....

....oh right, on to the food.....green pepppers, they happen to be on sale for I think 1.28 a pound, the days of red peppers for $1.28 is over my friend....I guess this means we have hit the 1/2 point of summer....which also means the return of the persimmon....quite simply the best fruit in the world....ok, back to the peppers....I boiled 1 cup of orzo with 2 cups of water, and let simmer until water was gone, then I added some skim milk and a few small cubes of Italian fontina cheese....it is simply sublime.....meanwhile broccoli (in teeny tiny pieces) was "steamed" in the microwave for 1 minute, and 1 purple onion (minced) and some brown mushrooms are sauteed with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and red pepper flakes....


....then the onion/mushroom, broccoli and cheesy orzo are all mixed together and place in a green pepper, then topped with some shredded cheese.....patiently waiting....

~enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment